I went to the library and my mom picked out a book for me called "My Extra Best Friend" by Julie Bowe. The book is about Ida's first time at a sleep away camp. Ida met some friends there and they became really good friends. Her friends are Stacey, Liz, Brooke, Joey and Quinn and a couple of other people who became friends. In the book they look 8 or 9 years old. Together they ate candy when they were not suppose to, they went fishing, made smores, roasted marshmallows, sang camp songs and they told ghost stories. When they went back home, they told their mother about it and they kept in contact after camp. They became Extra Best Friends.
I discovered that I like books with adventure, so this book would be good for kids that don't like adventure books and would like to learn about sleep away camps. This book is good for second and third graders.

No comments:
Post a Comment